Material HandlerHome » Careers » Material Handler
POSITION: MATERIAL HANDLER
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
- Manually, using hand truck or fork lift performs various material handling duties in the facility.
- Removes material and color from previous job.
- Cleans hopper and grinder.
- Hooks up hopper dryers if needed.
- Brings new material in special designated material area.
- Stacks skids with material in special designated material area.
- Break down and flatten empty gaylords (from material shipments).
- Cleans up material area at the end of their shift.
- Prepare materials according to production and process condition card requirements to avoid downtime.
- Take material inventory on monthly basis if so designated
- Relieving operators when they are on their breaks.
- May be assigned to work in other department (shipping or manufacturing) in absence of regular employees
- Must be able to communicate with shift supervisor and QA inspector.
- Must be able to lift a sixty pound carton and other similar load.
- Must have math knowledge.
- Must be able to read and write English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or its equivalent, or six months suitable experience.
- Experience as material handler is a plus.