MoldmakerHome » Careers » Moldmaker
REPORTS TO: Director of Tooling & Engineering
Build tooling to specification within the time frame scheduled, using mold designs, company design standards, and industry design standards.
Lead Mold Build Projects:
- Ensure that the project gets completed to specification and on-time;
- Communicate to all team members what their responsibilities are and the time frame in which the work must be completed;
- Ensure that project team members have the information required to do their part of the job;
- Report to the Director Tooling & Engineering regularly on the project status.
Assist in Mold Build Projects:
- Contribute in a team-effort to complete the project accurately and within the time specified;
- Complete work as directed by the project leader;
- Inform the project leader if the work cannot be completed as to specification or within the time specified and help the team leader resolve the situation in as efficient a manner as possible.
Build assembly and machining fixtures. Complete preventive maintenance, repairs, and insert changeovers on existing molds as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift (8-10 hrs / day)
- No restrictions on twisting and bending (to move product)
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 55 lbs)
- Regular use of hands (100% of time)
- Ability to work in a shop environment frequent exposure to loud noises, dust, solvents, and oils
- Frequent reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling and crouching
- Vision 20/20 with or without correction
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Education requirement: High School Diploma and completion of Trade School
- Prior Experience as a Moldmaker or Moldmaker Apprentice for Plastic Injection Molding
- Professional manner
- Ability to interpret part and mold drawings and specifications
- Ability to build injection molds to correct dimensions, using specifications provided (3d CAD data, component drawings, etc.)
- Ability to use measuring instruments (micrometer, caliper, gage blocks, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of computers, Windows operating system, and CAD/CAM software
- Functional knowledge of CNC, EDM, manual milling, and grinding equipment
- Ability to communicate ideas to other mold makers, engineers, and supervisor
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment