“The Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware (MASH) and NCHRP-350 present uniform guidelines for crash testing permanent and temporary highway safety features along with evaluations criteria. MASH barrier certification testing applies to permanent installations as well as temporary plastic barriers and barricades.” – Calspan.com
As such, MASH Testing is well under way for a variety of the Cortina Safety Products. To date the Trailblazer XL, Plastx Barricade, M-Cade, Steel-Cade, P-Cade and Telespar Type III barricade product lines have all passed the MASH 3-71 and 3-72 tests. The MASH 3-71 test impacts each item with a Kia Rio car at both zero and 90 degrees. The MASH 3-72 test is the same process, only using a RAM 1500 truck. An item passes these tests if it impacts the vehicle without intrusion into the passenger cabin in any manner.
We have tested, passed and can certify the following products:
- Trailblazer XL all colors and 15, 20, or 30lb. bases
- Plastx barricades Type I & Type II with or without lights and or sandbags
- M- Cade barricades Type I & Type II with or without lights and or sandbags
- Steel – Cade barricades Type I & Type II with or without lights and or sandbags
- Telespar Type III barricades all configurations with or without lights and or sandbags
- P-Cade ADA Barricade system with or without sandbags
- Single Spring Sign Stand
Testing will continue throughout the year on QuadraFlex VI-W Single Spring Screwlock Stand, QuadraFlex VI-W Springless Screwlock Stand, the tri-pod and twin-spring stands.